“Urine” has a very pungent smell. risk of dangerous disease

Browse By

Urine with a slight pungent odor is normal. But if too pungent It could be a sign of a dangerous disease.

Dr. Niwat Laksanawong, Charoen Krung Pracharak Hospital, Bangkok, stated that urine consists of water. and waste excreted from the kidneys These waste products affect the smell of urine. In general, urine is clear to pale yellow. There is a specific smell that is not too strong. There may be some changes in the smell. It depends on many factors such as food or drinks eaten. โปรโมชั่น ufabet

But if the urine has a strong pungent odor or an abnormal odor to may indicate a condition or some diseases

“Urine” smells very pungent, risky for disease

Causes of pungent smell of urine that come from common factors Not very dangerous, including

  • certain drinks or foods When ingested, it can affect the smell of urine, such as coffee, asparagus, some medications or vitamins.
  • Drinking less water will make your urine more concentrated. (The amount of water is reduced, but the waste is increasing), so it smells more pungent.

These causes can be corrected by Drink enough water, about 2 liters per day, and try to observe yourself if you do not eat these foods or drinks. Does it smell better?

The cause of the pungent smell of urine that comes from the symptoms of certain diseases such as

  • urinary tract infection
  • Diabetes with high sugar levels
  • liver disease
  • Bladder disease, where urine leaks into the bowel or vagina
  • some genetic diseases which makes the body unable to digest certain amino acids And the accumulation of such substances in the urine in large amounts until there is an abnormal odor The smell will look musty or smell like syrup.

If the urine has an unusually strong pungent odor or the urine has a pungent smell along with other symptoms such as burning urination, cloudy urine, bloody urine, fever, abdominal pain, back pain, sweet-smelling urine (diabetes), nausea, vomiting, confusion, jaundice and eyes (liver disease), etc., you should see a doctor for examination and treatment.